Resources, Respect and Responsibility are the guiding principles of R3 Consulting Group.
Incorporated in 2002, we are a California Certified Small Business with a mission to assist municipal clients in identifying challenges, evaluating alternatives, and implementing cost-effective, environmentally sound and “community-friendly” solid waste solutions with the ultimate goal of getting material out of the landfill. We have offices in California and Hawaii, and are a consultant team comprised of urban planners, policy writers, engineers, data analyzers, communicators, designers, and all-around talented and passionate people. We provide services related to solid waste planning, procurement and negotiation assistance, operations and performance reviews, financial and rate analysis, and compliance assistance. Our commitment to sustainability is evident in our work with our clients, employees and shareholders to achieve positive and ongoing social, environmental, and financial results.
Our day-to-day business operations, processes and procedures naturally encompass the following sustainability principles.
- We take an active role in local non-profit and environmental causes, including support for local bike trails and waterways.
- We regularly sponsor employee participation in regional benefit walks, runs and rides, as well as local non-profit art and cultural events.
- We train staff in conservation practices for recycling, composting (and food waste reduction), reuse, energy and water.
- As a small business, we depend on our employees to take ownership and responsibility for the success of the firm and to exemplify our firm’s mission. In return, we provide our employees with excellent health and profit-sharing benefits, telecommuting opportunities, flexible work schedules, in-office lunches and snacks, bicycle allowances and other benefits.
Because we specialize in providing professional solid waste management services to our clients, achieving positive environmental benefits for the communities we serve is core to the success of our business. We are committed to “walking the walk”.
- We use recycled content paper for all printed materials, submitting work products digitally when feasible, and sourcing office supplies made from recycled materials.
- We source reused office furniture and equipment, offering them for reuse when no longer needed, and promoting in-house use of reusable wares and goods.
- We utilize daily-use hybrid and bio-diesel vehicles for site visits and meetings.
- We promote conference calls in lieu of on-site meetings when feasible.
Through our work helping clients with recycling and solid waste matters, we realize that financial responsibility should be addressed hand-in-hand with social and environmental responsibility. Our clients may, at times, be faced with choices that appear to put environmental responsibility at odds with financial interests; our role is to help identify, evaluate, and pursue “win-win-win” opportunities to achieve mutual benefits.
Our aim is to find and implement ways of completing work that cost-effectively achieves our client’s goals and objectives. We do this by identifying ways to streamline processes, simplify methodologies, and provide work products that concisely identify next steps and strategic actions.