R3 is engaged by the City of Fairfield (City) to provide a Legislative Compliance Plan to assist with the requirements of AB 341, AB 1826, AB 1594, and SB 1383. We are conducting the following main tasks on behalf of the City:
- Identifying legislative requirements and action items for the City and Republic;
- Reviewing Republic’s residential organics waste plan for composting 100% of source-separated green and food waste from residential premises in the calendar year 2020 and beyond, as per a 2016 Amendment to Republic’s Agreement;
- Developing a Legislative Compliance Plan for the City, including updates to City Council on the legislative compliance requirements of AB 341, AB 1826, and AB 1594, as well as the draft regulation requirements of SB 1383;
- Reviewing the sections of the City’s Municipal Code regarding solid waste collection and management to provide recommendations for modernizing and streamlining Code language in accordance with industry best practices, state legislation, and the City’s needs;
- Providing the City with full-service negotiation assistance with Republic as necessary, based on the legislative requirements identified as best suited for the City;
- Conducting a survey of comparable services and rates specifically related to organics collection services for at least ten (10) other jurisdictions, focused specifically in the Solano County and surrounding areas; and
- Assisting the City in revising its current C&D Agreements to incorporate legislative requirements as necessary.
We are also providing on-call support services, which include:
- Managing the exclusive Collection Agreement with Republic and the non‐exclusive Agreements for C&D collection services;
- Monitoring and managing the City’s mandatory commercial and multi‐family recycling and organics programs;
- Assisting with on‐site “right‐sizing” of customer service levels and collection frequency;
- Assisting with code enforcement training / guidelines;
- Managing grant applications;
- Reporting to CalRecycle; and
- Providing updates at public meetings and/or subcommittees.