https://r3cgi.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/yolo-food-bank-1.png 408 500 Peggy Paulsen https://r3cgi.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/R3-full-logo-1-1030x250.png Peggy Paulsen2020-04-17 18:33:592020-04-17 18:36:54Yolo Food Bank – Capacity Expansion Support & SB 1383 Compliance
Yolo Food Bank – Capacity Expansion Support & SB 1383 Compliance
R3 is providing the Yolo Food Bank with assistance to support the Yolo Food Bank’s efforts to expand its capacity by 50% and assist in the development and execution of a Distribution and Sourcing Plan to secure and distribute an additional 2+ million pounds of healthy food annually.
R3’s primary tasks for this engagement are as follows:
- Initial evaluation of the Yolo Food Bank’s programs and services, current sources of food, and its Partner Agencies’ operations, capacities and other available relevant data;
- Operational Review of the Yolo Food Bank:
- Assessing key aspects of Yolo Food Bank’s operations; and
- Determining if, and under what conditions, additional capacity could be increased to more than the planned 50% capacity increase if necessary;
- Food Sourcing Assessment:
- Assessing the Yolo Food Bank’s current sources for food;
- Projecting the amount of additional pre-consumer edible food in Yolo County that is currently disposed from farms, manufacturing/wholesale sources, and consumer-facing businesses;
- Projecting the total available SB 1383 Tier 1 and Tier 2 edible food, and percent of that total currently captured;
- Developing a Sourcing Plan to secure 2 million additional pounds of food annually.
- Partner Agency Capacity Assessment & Distribution System Assessment:
- Assessing the capacity that exists within the Partner Agency network based on existing staffing and resources (number of additional meals per day that can be distributed if available); and
- Assessing and documenting the geographic need within Yolo County and for each willing Partner Agency.
R3 is also assisting the Yolo Food Bank in maintaining compliance with the requirements of SB 1383 related to Edible Food Recovery Services and Organizations, as well as SB 1383 reporting requirements placed in edible food generators.